Business Relation and Portfolio Management
The Hero for strong relationships
The advancing digitisation and thus accelerated adaptation of the business models requires a strong alliance between IT and your company's core business. Important for success: Short decision-making paths, rapid implementation of innovative changes and optimal use of resources - all based on strategic priorities.
IT as a business
Our Relation Hero has specific answers to complex challenges. These are based on the experience of numerous projects, proven best practices and current developments in the market. Our Hero understands IT as a function that is operated like a company - IT as a business!
Business Relationship Management
Our Relation Hero knows: IT is not an end in itself. It must focus on the needs of the specialist areas in the company. Together with you, he establishes a business relationship management function, which is responsible for the contact people for the departments and the necessary processes as well as for defining the associated utilities. From broad-based, data-supported analysis methods such as Data Mining up to the structured recording and processing of concrete requirements by template and workflow our Relation Hero has the right tools at hand. He will advise you on role and organisational development, process design and subsequent implementation to find the optimal setup for your specific requirements. He will try to find a way out of this situation. The Hero supports you in building the bridge between IT and business.
- Organisation from the IT and departmental side
- Stakeholder Map
- Definition of roles and skill profiles
- Definition of communication and decision-making bodies
- Process design incl. responsibility matrix (RACI) for roles, e.g. in the demand process and interfaces downstream processes such as change management and portfolio management (implemented in established IT solutions such as ServiceNow, Planview, cplace, and others)
- Compatibility with standards and best practices (e.g. ITIL 4 and SAFe)
- Integration of agile methods (e.g. DevOps)
- Definition of tools (tools, templates etc.)
Business Process Management
How must IT position itself in order to discuss with the business at eye level? And more than that - how is IT perceived as a business consultant? Here it is necessary to find a common language. Equipped with suitable instruments such as Process Landscapes our Relationship Hero defines the right channels for dialogue, for example in committees, meetings or collaboration spaces. And he identifies the right contacts. If the target image is recognised, measures are defined, to close possible gaps; e.g. by adapting job descriptions, training employees, etc. or decentralisation of decision-making powers. The Relation Hero works with a reference model, which has been developed from practical experience and adapts it to the individual situation of your company.
- Role description (e.g. Business Consultant) and skill profiles
- Definition of the Process Governance Model
- Business Process Modeling
- Business Process Framework
- Enabeling of IT as Business Process Facilitator / Consultant (z.B. Coaching)
Strategic Portfolio Management
IT is often faced with a dilemma: too many requirements have to be met at the same time. Safety and stability on the one hand, agility and innovation on the other. All this with a steady increasing complexity, resource bottlenecks and increased cost pressure. Our Relation Hero uses strategic portfolio management through integrated processes and data structures to ensure greater transparency on current and planned projects. Thus he enables your company to reduce the totality of initiatives, align projects and programmes according to strategic priorities. In this way, idling, bottlenecks and undesirable developments are corrected in good time.
- SPM/PPM best practice processes (based on MoP)
- Integration of information flows between portfolio, project and resource management
- Role concept
- Tool implementation
- Definition of portfolio processes and criteria
- Definition of bodies
- DigitalX Framework – defined phases and tools
- DigitalX Maturity Model & DigitalX Portfolio Analysis – know your current position
- DigitalX Assessments – determine the course
- DigitalX Roadmap – visualize the defined course
- Implementation – everything you need for the journey to your goal
igital transformation has brought a wide range of challenges: companies and public administrations are facing an increasingly rapid need for change, new competitors with disruptive business models are entering the market, and new digital technology, innovative capability, user experience and agility are the key factors. It is not only important to pay attention to current (technological) developments and market trends, but also to always keep an eye on where your own organization is currently on this development path in order to initiate the right initiatives and projects. With the DigitalX Framework, KC supports you with a clearly structured approach.
DX Framework – this is what distinguishes our approach
- Clear language
- Hands-on tools
- Quickly usable results
Our offer: We offer you the free opportunity to work with a KC consultant to determine your current digital maturity level and derive initial recommendations for action. Based on these initial results, we will be happy to provide you with further consulting services.
Strong alliance through dialogue
What matters to our Hero? He is a consultant and diplomat at the same time. He listens, understands and analyses. He checks the heart and kidneys of the respective business areas and has a plan for how your IT can best be integrated with the departments - always on the basis of your corporate and IT strategy, that goes without saying.